Losing an amazing friend this year to brain cancer has been one of the hardest things to wrap my head around and this blog will prove to be the hardest to write. My husband met Brian Moon at work years and years ago. He and his sweet wife quickly became close friends of ours-even spending my birthday without them seemed incomplete. We considered them family, still do, and always will. They loved Kai even before he was born, attended every birthday party, and brought him goodies to church. Telling Kai that his buddy had gone to heaven was incredibly heart-breaking. It was something I never want to have to do again but in reality I know that is impossible. In preparing Kai for our trip to South Carolina to attend the funeral, I didn't think to prepare myself. Ben and I laughed and cried for eight hours over our precious and often hilarious memories of Brian, but having to face he was gone was something I was not ready for. I drew strength from his wonderful wife, our family and friends, and my husband. I decided to really start living, to take chances, to make sure my friends and family know how much they mean to me-every day, to be more spontaneous, to enjoy the little things and the big things, and to know what it is to love unconditionally. After all, we aren't promised tomorrow but can live for today.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Teardrops and Moonbeams
Losing an amazing friend this year to brain cancer has been one of the hardest things to wrap my head around and this blog will prove to be the hardest to write. My husband met Brian Moon at work years and years ago. He and his sweet wife quickly became close friends of ours-even spending my birthday without them seemed incomplete. We considered them family, still do, and always will. They loved Kai even before he was born, attended every birthday party, and brought him goodies to church. Telling Kai that his buddy had gone to heaven was incredibly heart-breaking. It was something I never want to have to do again but in reality I know that is impossible. In preparing Kai for our trip to South Carolina to attend the funeral, I didn't think to prepare myself. Ben and I laughed and cried for eight hours over our precious and often hilarious memories of Brian, but having to face he was gone was something I was not ready for. I drew strength from his wonderful wife, our family and friends, and my husband. I decided to really start living, to take chances, to make sure my friends and family know how much they mean to me-every day, to be more spontaneous, to enjoy the little things and the big things, and to know what it is to love unconditionally. After all, we aren't promised tomorrow but can live for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sweet! Love y'all!
Post a Comment