Sunday, September 25, 2011
Steel Anniversary
This year we celebrated our 11th Wedding Anniversary! We both almost forgot about it since September has gone by so fast. I decided on Wednesday that I would take Kai and Ben to Pearl River's small county fair and rodeo. I had Ben drive down and meet me at the hospital so my coworkers could meet Kai. Let me tell you, he does not meet a stranger and made a beeline for Ms. Sue's candy jar. He also gave a little demonstration of his 9 step basic. I also was surprised to get these:
I hardly ever get flowers, so I was glad that Ben remembered I am not a fan of traditional red roses. Kai said we were "the best mommy and daddy ever" for taking him to the fair where he popped several balloons with darts and rode a rickety roller coaster and wobbly farris wheel. I can't wait until Kai is tall enough to go to Six Flags. The rodeo was a lot of fun. Very patriotic and entertaining. Kai was a little concerned for the calves that were roped and tied so fast, but he was one of the first kids to run out to the arena to chase one for a prize. He didn't catch it (none of them did) but he was chosen for a little dance competition that the rodeo clown conducted. So funny. I swear he gets his dance moves from Napoleon Dynamite. When we left, Kai made the statement that he had the best day of his life. He is easy to please. We had a great time and are still waiting until Ben and I have time off at the same time so we can go to our anniversary dinner. Steel was the anniversary gift of choice...I think fair rides and rodeos fit into that category.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment