Monday, March 2, 2009

Let It Snow! (But Don't Let Our Power Go Out)


Oh, Mother Nature, gotta love her. All winter, we have been teased with "possibility of snow" reports. Kai was second-guessing the nature of the seasons, because "when all the leaves fall off the trees then we have snow and then that's winter." So when we got yet another possible snow report, I was so pessimistic, mad that there was no bread or milk at the grocery store, and making fun of those that bought it all up. It was March, there was no way it was going to snow. On our way home from Best Buy and the sticker store, sleet started to fall and eventually, little snow flurries. I didn't want to get Kai's hopes up, so I told him it probably would melt and not stick to the ground. Well, it snowed so hard that I wondered if it would ever stop. And it was so beautiful. I let him play in it that night because I was worried maybe it wouldn't be here in the morning. When he woke up, we played in it all the next day and made a real snowman. I say real because it was taller than me, so compared to the tiny snowmen we have made in the past, this one was "real". Bella enjoyed it too. The snow lasted for a few days. Kai was sad to see it go, I was glad our power never went out. It flickered a couple of times, but we made it through with heat, hot water, and cable!

No comments: