Sunday, March 15, 2009

With The Seasons, Come Change

Well, I have a lot going on with the changing season! I will take my Parapro certification test at the end of this month. This will enable me to become a teacher's aide without having to complete a two year degree. I am hoping I will be able to find a job next fall, but I'm not sure with budget cuts and teachers losing their jobs in our school district. If not, oh well, although I was hoping to get a jump on my student loans I will gain. I will cross that bridge when I get to it. I am planning a trip to Mississippi with Kai for spring break. I am so excited to see my family! I haven't seen them all since Thanksgiving. I miss them so much and wish they lived closer or vice versa. Summer is also taking time off so she can come from Starkville and we can have some much needed girl time. Two wonderful mommy friends of mine and I are getting to go to Gatlinburg for a little kids-free getaway weekend at the end of April. I am really excited about that, and a little nervous at the same time. I know Ben is fully capable of taking care of our son, but let's face it, nobody does it like Mommy! My Dad has invited Kai and me to come stay the whole summer in Mississippi. (Ben was invited too, but somebody has to pay the mortgage, ha ha!) Kai is so excited to go; he keeps talking about the waterpark we went to last year. Our family is also getting to stay in Summer's company condo in Destin around the beginning of August and we are so thrilled about that as well. And when we get back, Kai will be starting kindergarten and will be in school all day. I will be attending Anderson University then as well. So, as you can see, things are getting pretty busy around here and I couldn't be happier to shed the cold, bleak winter months.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow! You guys are pretty busy--but that all sounds like good busy. I'm pretty jealous. You know, Gatlinburg is only like 3 hours from here!!