Well, my little one is five years old. I can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday that I brought him home from the hospital. A little six pound, three ounce bundle of sweetness. We had his birthday party at Toadily Fun in Anderson. It was the first time we didn't have his party at home and I can't believe the amount of non-stress that was involved. They set everything up and cleaned up afterwards. (I really was beginning to dread putting up the streamers at home. Ben doesn't do streamers.) The kids were fed pizza and drinks and got to jump on a variety on inflatables before and after the eating and present-opening. The cake was made by my awesome friend, Kelly, and I have to say was the best Mario birthday cake I've seen.
Getting in the car, he said, "That was a good birthday party." I love that he is such a grateful child!
For his actual birthday, which fell on a Wednesday, Kai asked if I would bring ice cream for his class. He said all the other moms bring cupcakes and he wanted ice cream, and had actually taken a poll of who wanted chocolate and who wanted vanilla. Tuesday night was a restless one for Kai and me. He was up coughing and refused medicine of any flavor. So, he spent his birthday at home, not one cough all day. Darn allergies! I was glad to let him sleep in, though. I, on the other hand, had to get up and drag myself to my billionth chiropractor/massage/physical therapy appointment because of a car accident I had back in February. But, he released me on Kai's birthday-HOORAY! Now, for my attorney and the insurance company to duke it out. Can't wait for that. (Right.)
The ice cream party was postponed until the next day. Kai's class loved the ice cream and all of them but Kai wanted sprinkles. He likes things plain and simple, like his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment