Two dear friends of mine, Kelly and April, and I decided to get away for a weekend and Gatlinburg, TN got an anonymous vote. We left around lunchtime on Friday and checked into our room that evening. We stayed at the Bearskin Lodge which is right in the middle of everything and our room was right on the river. View from our room:
It was the 75th anniversary of The Smoky Mountain National Park and there was also a Goldwing rally, so there were lots of people there and, more importantly, lots of motorcycles! We loved the paint and lights and sounds of all of them. Sunday morning, we slept in a little. Imagine sleeping in with no little ones yelling, "Mommy, I want a Poptart!" It was blissful. We packed up and headed to The Apple Barn which had the most scrumptious apple fritters. The atmosphere reminded me of the old farmhouse I grew up in. Needless to say, we all enjoyed ourselves. It was so fun to spend fun times with good company and we plan to have another trip next year. Although we had a great time, it was good to come home to our husbands and little ones who actually survived a weekend without us! (Barely, I'm sure.) Who knew?
1 comment:
Hey! Glad to see you guys had a great weekend away from all the stress! I almost went camping there last summer, I may try to go again eventually, the area looks really nice!
Post a Comment