Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tailgating with Bulldogs


G-Pa, Kai, and I made the drive to Starkville this past weekend to visit with Summer and Matthew and watch the Gators play some football. Ben, his parents, and his grandparents made the trip also and it was a good time all around. Mississippi State has one of the loudest stadiums ever, probably because of all the cowbells, but it sure was electrifying to be there in all of the excitement. I found the huge "No Noisemakers" sign posted outside the gate to be quite hilarious. Wish I had taken a picture of it, but my battery power was low and I wanted to save it for more important things. Wink, wink. Tailgating with the Bulldogs was so much fun, especially wearing all of my Florida garb. Anywhere you walk, if you are an opposing team fan, you will be followed by the sound of cowbells. Bulldog fans also line up when the opposing team's buses come through to show off their bell-ringing skills. Everyone had a fun time and it was so good to visit with Summer and Matthew. I hadn't been to Starkville to visit in a couple of years, so it was good to go back and check out some new places. MS State's bakery is amazing. They had the best coconut cake I have ever tasted and Kai was crazy about their gingerbread men. We stayed the night with Summer and Matthew and drove home the next day after eating at Grumpy's, one of those lousy service, hot beer, but the food is totally worth it places. Ben was able to come with us and stay another week. I will be so glad when he will be able to stay for good!

No comments: