After much debate (and I mean MUCH) we have welcomed a new member of our family this past Wednesday. Isabella is 11 weeks old and weighs roughly 3 pounds. No, I did not name her after Twilight. Her previous owners named her Bella and she is already used to her name. Although, I love her name and the character from that movie. I couldn't imagine naming her anything else and she is absolutely perfect for our family. She will sit perfectly content in my lap all day until Kai and Leigha get home from school and then she entertains them outside with her whole little puppy heart. She is also very quiet, hardly a whimper from her at bedtime, and she is catching on to potty training very easily. Bella is part chihuahua, part dachshund but she looks like a miniature doberman or a tiny black deer. I love her, my kids love her, she loves us, and more importantly, Ben loves her. Whew! I called him Friday morning from Kai's classroom to see if he had gotten home safely. (That sounds totally stalker psycho, but third shift often forces Ben to the side of the road for a power nap every once in a while.) Anyway, he was at home (safely) and he had gotten Bella out of the bathroom (without any prodding from me) and she was snuggled up beside him asleep on the couch. Precious. How could he not fall in love with those ears!
I am very excited to have a member of the canine variety in our home. She will be a loyal and loving companion for years to come.
2 comments:
Congrats on the new baby. Leroy says she's cute and when can they meet?
Love....Dottie
I love the "tiny little deer" comment. She is pretty cute...almost makes me want to get a puppy. Almost.
Post a Comment