We also try to go Light Looking. This year we went to Roper Mountain where they have a new Winter Wonderland where you can roast marshmallows, drink hot chocolate, visit Santa, and shop at the Christmas gift shop. It was fun, but really cold!
Christmas Eve is always spent at Ben's grandparent's. We have a big dinner and then the kids open presents.
Then, we head home and get ready for Santa. We try to give Santa something different every year. This time we gave him Toll House Ultimates chocolate chip with chocolate filling.
We also put out a special treat for Rudolph and his pals. We usually put glitter in our reindeer food, but last year, Santa asked if we would use sugar sprinkles instead since glitter doesn't agree with a reindeer's sensitive stomach. I wasn't sure the sprinkles would sparkle bright enough for the reindeer to see, but Santa assured me it would and I surely wanted to be environment-friendly.
Christmas morning came. Kai slept in his bed all night which was a miracle in itself. He usually wakes up in the middle of the night and finds his way to our bed. He woke us up saying, "It's Christmas!...and he(Santa) came!" I remember waking up my parents. It was usually too early and we had to go back to bed for a few more hours! Kai woke us up at 8:44am but I'm sure it will get earlier and earlier as he gets older. Leigha really Hannah Montanad it this year and Kai got the one, single thing he asked Santa for.
We also take turns having a family Christmas party usually after Christmas. This year it was at Ben's Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Dave's condo in Clemson. After a busy holiday, we really enjoyed the quietness of the lake. (Rhonda and David are lucky to have some water under their dock because the drought has left Lake Hartwell severely dry.) We had Olive Garden takeout and the kids got to open a few more gifts.
Christmas is always a fun time and I really enjoy it, but each year is harder and harder to be away from my family in Hattiesburg. I miss not getting to share old traditions we have and getting to share new ones as well. Hope everyone had a happy Christmas!
1 comment:
The eyeballs were awesome--I love it! Looks like you guys had a great time...and you know, you really can never have enough Hannah Montana. ;)
Post a Comment