It's bad. Really bad. The addiction. Kai's addiction... to Legos. I had been in denial, but after Christmas, had to come to grips that I was an enabler and an intervention was necessary. A certain double pack of nightvision googles had ended up needing to be returned. One pair didn't work from the start, much to Ben's dismay. So, we went to Toys R Us to return it and Kai begged to get Legos instead of the superpower-ability (Ben tried everything he could think of to convince him to keep them) to see in the pitch dark. So, it began. I had stepped on the 78th Lego with my bare feet and decided this kid needed a different storage option. I went to the Dollar Tree and purchased ten (yes, ten and should've gotten more) short square containers because I had the awesome idea of color coding. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. Now, mind you, his collection is far from this, but it's pretty close. It took an entire afternoon (AN ENTIRE AFTERNOON) to sort, and the next day, I transferred all the various blocks into their designated container.
I thought it was hilarious seeing as he is the only one that plays with them and usually begs me or Ben to build things with him. I'm guessing paranoia is a companion to addiction and I'm thinking rehab won't do much to help that, but maybe it will help him stay clean!
1 comment:
Kai has a problem! This is hilarious!! I'm glad you blogged finally!
Post a Comment