Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Break


Spring Break landed on Easter this year, which was great for us, but Kai's school Easter party and egg hunt were a week before Easter. I found a recipe online which is a little adaptation of the chocolate spiders I made for Halloween and they turned out so cute. I just substituted chocolate chips for butterscotch chips, stirred in the chow mein noodles, scooped spoonfuls out, and added a couple of malted milk speckled egg candies, and let them cool. AND, they were delicious!

Kai and I made a much anticipated road trip to Hattiesburg to spend the week with the Waldrop family. We had an awesome time there, like we always do. Summer got to come down from Starkville until Tuesday night. I always enjoy spending alone time with her. We stayed at Jared and Katie's house which allowed for plenty of Jack and Kai play time and a teensy bit of Cooper snuggling. I believe they are discussing an all-important Spongebob episode here.

And, there was a little four-wheeling thrown in, too.

There was also S'more-making at Grandpa's along with egg-dyeing with Grandma. (Mom and I managed to knock over two of the dyes before Kai even got started. Other than that, no mess.) Also, there was plenty of Rock Band and Mario Kart racing with Jon going on.
The eggs turned out cute, although Kai was bored with it after a couple of eggs. He spent most of his time putting ALL the stickers onto one egg. Jon and I had fun shrink wrapping the plastic wraps with a hair dryer. I always wondered how they did that!
Grandma and Grandpa took Kai to an egg hunt at their church, where he and Jack were asked to share the eggs they found with a couple of girls who didn't find as many. That flew like a lead balloon! Kai said "No", and Jack picked up his basket and walked away! So funny! I always encourage sharing, but I know in this case, those competitive boys worked extremely hard to find the most. They each ended up with thirteen apiece. I was so glad and grateful to spend a little one on one time with each of my brothers this time. Ben usually hogs them when we visit! All-in-all, it was a great trip filled with lots of fun and love. I can't wait until the summer!

No comments: