



Friday was Kai's first Oak Grove football game as a Warrior. Grandpa, Uncle Pattymelt, Kai, and I went together to the stadium and, right away, I could tell this was no ordinary high school football game. It is a newer stadium with nice, metal bleachers that have no holes where a purse or camera or child could fall through. There is also a section of comfy, season ticket seats closer down to the field. I even noticed a few people tail-gating outside the gate. A huge lighted score board, artificial turf, and a not-too-shabby sound system completed the scene. Oak Grove, being a 5A school, is huge. Everything about it is huge; the football team, the cheerleading squad (I counted 30), and the band. It all reminds me a little of
Robertsdale. The weather was perfect: cool and breezy. Kai is sooooooo enthusiastic about football. He cheered the entire game for the Warriors. He also threw in a shout out to the Gators, Golden Eagles, Vikings (yeah, Brett Favre just signed on for the Vikings, big whoop. Kai likes Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson), and the Bulldogs! GASP! You should've heard everyone around us. I guess in Eagle country, you should teach your children that Bulldogs is a bad word. I'm such a bad mother! My brother-in-law would be extremely proud; he is soon to be a MS alumni! Oak Grove played Bassfield, who volunteered to play even though they are a 2A school. They are a tough little team, who probably would've beaten us, if they hadn't run out of steam. I hope OG was humbled by that and brings their A game next week. This was Steve McNair Jr.'s (#1 jersey) first game as a senior and without his father watching in the stands. We were all rooting for him.

No comments:
Post a Comment