Well, Kai went from being a Mini Mustang to a Little Warrior today. It wasn't really a big deal for him because he has gone to school for the last two years. It was a big deal for me because there were a lot of changes this year.
#1 New kids, Kai was really attached to his old friends.
#2 HUGE school. Oak Grove Primary consists of two grades, Kindergarten and 1st Grade. There are close to 800 students. Yes, that's right, 800.
#3 Kindergarten is all day. Kai is used to half a day and not taking a nap.
#4 When I start working during the day, I will have to shuffle schedules and car seats. I'm a little nervous about that because I have always been able to do the dropping off and picking up myself.
I walked him to class and he walked right in and put his things away. He sat down and started coloring. I told him I was gonna go and that I would see him later. He looked at me with a little pout but turned back around and started coloring again. When I picked him up and asked him how his day was. He yelled, "I liked it!" and immediately jumped into telling me everything they had done. Thank goodness he loved it and wants to go back! I'm starting to feel better already.
No comments:
Post a Comment