Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cool And School

This summer has been really eventful and loads of fun for us. We got settled into our new little house super fast and super easy. It is just big enough for me and Kai, but is a little tight when Ben and Leigha visit. We may have to look for something a little bigger closer to time when our lease is up.







Dad, Summer, Matthew, and I went to Matthew's sister's HSM play in Laurel. It was cute and all of the kids did a wonderful job. It was nice to relax while Kai enjoyed himself at his cousin Jack's house for his 2nd-Sleep-Over-Ever.



I took Jack and Kai to USM one day to hang out and see the football field. We played in the fountain near The Hub while we waited for Uncle Stephen to get off work.
Dad treated us to a day at the waterpark before school started. It was a perfect day to go. The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze before the eventual rain that started late in the afternoon - right around the time we were going to leave anyway. Jack and Kai climbed the stairs close to a thousand times, I bet, to slide down the waterslides. Kai wanted to brave the lazy river without a tube, so Grandpa floated close behind and lifted him out of the water anytime it got higher than Kai's head. We were all exhausted at the end of the day.




Jon went with me to get all of Kai's school supplies (to three different stores) and we managed to find everything but construction paper. I found lots of bargains, too. Toys R Us had buy one get one free on everything Crayola. You also got a free lunch box with the purchase of a backpack. I found ten new shirts at Target on clearance for $2.50 each. I was pretty excited about that. Kai was excited about stickers. (Small pile of savings in the background)
We went to Meet the Teacher/Registration on the 4th where they failed to locate Kai's folder that had all of his information that I had turned in early. So, after a little confusion and a lot of waiting, he was assigned to Ms. Mullins class. I really enjoyed meeting with her and her assistant, Mrs. Johns. I think Kai will enjoy his time in their classroom. I think I will, too. I have already volunteered for lunchroom duty on Friday.
It just seems this summer has flown by, but it has been busy and wonderful for us!

No comments: