Sunday, September 27, 2009

100 Things About Me


My friend Jess tagged me a few weeks ago, and she reminded me, very nicely, to get off my lazy butt and finish my list. :) So here you go, Jess, and anyone else who is interested in getting to know me, maybe a little better than you did before. These are in no particular order.

1. I have a brother I have never met.
2. I used to run around barefoot outside ALL THE TIME.
3. I used to lay out in the sun on the roof of the old farm house I grew up in.
4. I wish I had studied art and photography in school.
5. I can still remember most of the bones of the human body thanks to Human
Anatomy class in high school.
6. Country music used to be all I listened to. Now, I listen to it very minimally.
7. Children have a certain smell to them when they come inside after playing. I
don't like the smell, but would miss it if I never smelled it again.
8. Kathy Bates is my favorite actress.
9. I am a P90X drop-out. Yoga is haaarrrrrd.
10. I believe Tim Tebow really is Superman.
11. I love movies, but couldn't tell you what any one of them is about, even if I
just watched it-unless they are one of my favorites. Have to keep my filter
unclogged.
12. I would rather be at the beach than anywhere else.
13. I have never been to Disneyworld, or on a cruise.
14. I discovered just what a huge Star Wars geek I was when I had a son.
15. I also love video games and super heroes.
16. I love skincare.
17. I learn new things from my little sister on a regular basis.
18. I am a step-mom, which is harder than being a regular mom.
19. My husband lives 8 hours away.
20. I learn things from my five year old on a regular basis.
21. God has blessed me with many good things in my life. I thank him all the
time-somedays more than I can count.
22. I was diagnosed with PCOS the first year I was married.
23. Kai was a Clomid baby.
24. I could read before I started kindergarten.
25. I still love to read.
26. Working at a zoo was my most favorite job ever.
27. I am allergic to cats.
28. I think death by driver ants is the worst death imaginable.
29. I am insulin-resistant. This sucks.
30. I like to cook, but don't like the clean-up.
31. I love drag-racing.
32. I love looking at houseplan books.
33. I struggle with the introvert within me.
34. I love to tour old ruins or forts...of any kind.
35. I love jewelry but only have a few pieces that I wear all the time.
36. I used to want to be a blacksmith when I was little.
37. I want to see Italy one day very soon.
38. My grandmother is Cherokee.
39. I have trouble with my eyebrows.
40. I wonder when a freeze appliance will accompany the microwave in the
kitchen.
41. My mother flat-lined a few years ago. She doesn't remember it, and hasn't
been the same since.
42. I hate dresses.
43. I love dress pants.
44. I only drink Gatorade when I am sick.
45. I dye my hair every two weeks.
46. I would be totally white-headed if I didn't.
47. I have been scrapbooking since I was 15 years old.
48. I was taught in school that Pluto was a planet.
49. I have passed two kidney stones. Neither time was any fun.
50. I keep my toenails painted.
51. I own a shotgun.
52. I want a ski boat.
53. My husband and I had our first fight over the purchase of a motorcycle.
He is now on his third bike.
54. I was drum major in high school for two years.
55. I eat the middle out of a Reese's cup first.
56. I paid more money for the shoes I wore, than I paid for my wedding dress.
57. Instead of wedding cake, we had banana pudding. :)
58. I don't camp. I prefer running water and beds.
59. I like pirates better than ninjas.
60. I take the onions out of the onion rings and eat just the crust. Beer-
battered are my favorite.
61. I don't eat a Wendy's frosty without dipping fries in it.
62. My favorite flowers are sunflowers.
63. I love sunglasses.
64. My son is my greatest achievement, and always will be.
65. I come from a long line of sarcastic relatives.
66. Google is my favorite learning tool.
67. I like Barbershop quartets.
68. I love cream cheese.
69. I love my Blackberry.
70. I know how to milk a cow.
71. I only buy high thread count sheets.
72. I have no desire to try Tofu.
73. I think Deer Park brand water tastes bad.
74. I want to learn to ballroom dance.
75. I like thick pizza crust.
76. My first celebrity crush was William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk.
77. I have hand-fed a rhinoceros.
78. I own more kid movies than grown-up ones.
79. Growing up, we used to listen to an 8-track tape of Anne Murray on house-cleaning
day.
80. I can't eat steak without A-1.
81. I love to eat chili on a cold day.
82. I make the best chili.
83. I love watching my son learning to read.
84. I don't like close-minded people.
85. My first car was a Thunderbird.
86. I love when my siblings and I are all together and laughing. I love that sound.
87. I love cornbread and milk.
88. I love the Nick Jr. show Nia Hao, Kai Lan.
89. I never tip the waiter/waitress at a buffet. Sorry, I just don't.
90. I love checking the mailbox.
91. I love seeing the UPS truck even more.
92. My pregnancy craving was Nachos and Cheese.
93. I do not have a green thumb.
94. I like stained glass windows.
95. I think adults should not wear Crocs.
96. I didn't get far on Ms. Pac-Man.
97. I can't play golf. Too much concentrating for me.
98. I fall every time I rollerskate.
99. I love fried pickles from Mugshots.
100.I don't like snakes.

2 comments:

Jess C. said...

I'm glad you finally finished it! I did get to learn more about you, so thanks for posting!!

Lyssa said...

In more than one dream in the last 10 years, I've been talking to you while laying on the roof in the sun over your porch. Don't worry, in my dreams you're very funny. :)