
For my birthday, Summer came down and stayed the weekend with me and had lots of things planned. Friday after work, she took Kai and I to see the Lewis Lights in Purvis. Gift number 1. I didn't get pictures, but these people must have a serious power bill. It was awesome and Kai loved it. He didn't like that it was cold and raining, but he loved the lights. On our way back home, it started snowing. Gift number 2.

Kai said, "See mom, it DOES snow in Mississippi." Thank you, Lord, for showing me that miracles do happen. The next morning was my birthday. Summer got Kai all bundled up and took him to play in the snow. Gift number 3.

She is the best aunt ever. I took a few pictures, then came inside to get my shower and start my day while they played.



We did as much shopping that afternoon as Kai could stand. Summer bought for me, Nights in Rodanthe-the only Nicholas Sparks book I haven't read. Gift number 4. That evening, we attended South Jones Company's dinner theater. Gift number 5. My brothers, Stephen and Jon, babysat. Gift number 6. Summer's sister-in-law and brother-in-law are both in South Jones Co., and it was such a treat.

The food was delicious and the entertainment reminded me of my show choir days in high school, which also reminded me how old I am. Sigh.

The next day, Summer and I ate lunch at El Rancho. Gift number 7. And graciously let me pay the whole bill. Gift number 8. I was glad to let her know how much I appreciated the whole weekend and making sure I had the best birthday ever. The rest of the day, we shopped some more until Kai was ready to head home. Summer left late afternoon and Kai cried when she left. My sweet boy. We cuddled on the couch, watched Monsters vs. Aliens for the billionth time, and made caramel popcorn. Gift number 9. Best gift ever. I am truly grateful for all of my birthday gifts this year, and being able to face another year where I can spend precious time with the ones that I love. I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment