January: Ben came for his last visit at the beginning of the month because his supervisor wouldn't let him use any more vacation until he accrued it. Meanie-O. On his trip back to SC, he was in a wreck that totaled his dad's truck. He was saved from an oncoming 18-wheeler by a guard-rail on the other side of the median. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt. I never want another phone call at 2am like that again.
February: Knowing Ben wouldn't get to visit for a while made February a hard month. Let's just say I've had better Valentine's Days. It snowed twice this month making it a 3x snow season for the deep south of Mississippi. Craziness.
March: Ben loaded up what little (or so I thought) we had still at our old house and made the 8 hour drive down for good.
April: Easter weekend was spent in Starkville with Summer and Matthew. It was a fun trip and we enjoyed spending it with Matthew's family and getting to know them better.
The Easter Bunny left a basket for Kai in the hotel.Today: Kai is feeling a little puny. He has been coughing the last two nights with a little runny nose. He is lounging around with a little Benadryl in his system playing a "new" Star Wars DS game we found that we thought was lost. Hadn't seen it since the move.
We have the skeleton of a 12x12 storage building in the yard that will be finished hopefully before the week is out. Right now, we are wall to wall Christmas decorations and I need them out before I turn into the Grinch.
Ben's new job is going well. He is learning a lot still everyday and he hopes to know it all before too long. He loves his schedule. He gets at least two days off a week. Much better than working every day for months. He loves being able to pick Kai up from school on his days off.
My job is going very well. I love the people I work with and for. I love being part of an organization that serves those in need.
A few months back, I decided to give up sugar completely. My body just doesn't process it well, so I quit cold turkey. I hasn't been too hard. Sugar free cookies keep me going and I have lost eight pounds so far. Not too bad. I'll be back in a bikini before summer. Yay!
We put a deposit down on Kai's birthday party yesterday in preparation for next month. Can't believe he will be six soon. He told me last week he had 30 days of school left this year. Ben bought Kai his first ball and glove last week and, I have to say, he is a natural. His competitiveness will make for a good athlete. Now, he just needs to pick one. Soccer, baseball, karate, football. I wish he could do it all.
I can't believe Kai and I have been here almost a year. It's been a ride, for sure. I thank God every day for what He has done for us. Things are really good right now. This lazy Sunday probably has a little influence on that, and the fact that I'm going to go take a nap now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment