Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Festivities

Easter was super fun this year. I set up all the things you need to dye eggs with, and surprised Kai. I surprised myself by boiling eggs for the first time-yes you read that correctly, I hate the smell of eggs so I never cook them. And I must have done something right, because Ben didn't die after he ate them. Anyway, I boiled ten eggs and only two cracked. Of course we dyed them anyway. (I saved the other two eggs to make pancakes for dinner if you were wondering.) Kai loved the white crayon and opted to draw on all his eggs instead of using the super cute Spongebob egg decorating kit that I picked up at the Dollar Tree. Oh, well, it was a dollar.Starting at the top left, left to right: Smiley face, crazy, Mario, lightning, more crazy, robin, fire, Kirby, Kai. Oh, and in the above picture, egg number ten is an Angry Bird from the famous game.
Easter morning Kai woke me up to let me know he loved his Easter basket. He then asked who bought it. I told him the Easter bunny did-I didn't have any money left after paying the deposit for his birthday party. Meanwhile, I got everything at the Dollar Tree and only spent around $14 grass and all.

Gpa and Grandma had planned an Easter egg hunt for the grandkids, so I made Kai get a shower before we left. Mean mom, I know. While he was soaping up his hair, I slid out the back door and hid all the eggs I had filled the night before. Stealthy. When he was FINALLY ready, we walked out the door. I was worried the ants would take off with all the loot while he took his time getting dressed! It took him a second to spot them. I kept going back inside because I kept "forgetting" things. When he saw them, he got really excited and then it was on! And those camouflage eggs really are hard to find.


Uncle Jon and Uncle Pattymelt hid a few eggs on Dad's three acres for Kai, Jack, and Cooper. The kids really enjoyed it and I think the Uncles did too. Although, they joked that they dumped them all on the ground in one spot and buried them. They did a great job making it fun for their nephews.

No comments: