Friday, May 13, 2011

Pow Wow With Some Little Warriors

I promised I wouldn't miss Pow Wow Day this year. It actually fell on Kai's birthday so I was extra happy to take off work to be with Kai and his class for a day of fun and sunshine. The kids were all so excited and the weather was just beautiful. First up were Sack Races.


Kai and his buddy, Landon, won 3rd place in Beach Ball Buddies.

Tug-o-War was a class favorite. They won the first round only to face defeat in the second. Great effort all around.

Next were the Dixie Cup Relay and Water Balloon Relay where the balloons were thrown onto the crowd when the relay was over. Those water balloons were awfully wobbly!

At the end of the day, everyone gathered to listen to some steelpan music and ended in the longest limbo line ever. It was a great day and I'm glad I didn't miss it!

No comments: