Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Chaos Is Almost Over...

As many of you know, I haven't been blogging because of a certain water line break last summer that led to the refurbishing of our hardwood floors last week. It has been a long, drawn-out process, but we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We chose to stay in a hotel close to Ben's work which worked out great for him, but for me left a little of a drive in the mornings to get Kai to school. I loved the hot breakfasts cooked for me in the morning, the housekeeping everyday, and being in the middle of town was great too. The internet service wasn't as fast as I'm used to, but it kept me up to date nonetheless and the small quarters left little inspiration for me to blog. That, and I left the USB to my camera at home. So, with that said, here is my attempt to catch up.


Before

After




Halloween was ok this year. It started with Kai's party at school. It was a lot of fun, but I was so busy helping, I wasn't able to take any pictures. I did manage one picture of the chocolate spiders that were left. They turned out so good-the kids LOVED them. Funny, Kai thought they were gross and told me not to bring them to his class, but I did anyway.




That night, we went to Ben's grandparent's church for Trunk Or Treat. It is a small church so I was thankful for the small amount of candy Kai brought home. He is still young and isn't aware kids sometimes bring home a whole pillowcase full. I did catch his great- grandma sneaking more candy into his bucket THREE times before we left. She is so funny. Here is the sugar-filled Lord Vader himself. He had the walk down and everything thanks to Star Wars The Force Unleashed game.




3 comments:

Lunargal said...

The chocolate spiders were great. That was the cutest Vader I've seen.
love...Moon um..Dottie Moon

Jess C. said...

the chocolate spiders are awesome!! and I love the vader costume. I think I was Princess Lea until I was 4, it's always going to be around

Kristen said...

The floors look great!! I'm so glad it worked our for you guys to get it fixed!