Monday, October 6, 2008

"Because I said 'Hike!', that's why!"

Everyone that knows Kai comments on what a boys' boy he is. He loves everything boy and if you ask him if he likes pink or purple, he will tell you that he doesn't but he does like blue and black because they are "cool and not for girls". He is rather rowdy and loves to play football and wrestle with his dad.
Well, yesterday I had to vacuum, so I asked Kai to pick up his crayons off of the floor. I went to get the vacuum cleaner and came back to a miraculous surprise. He actually did what I asked with no whining, complaining, talking back, or a car salesman pitch on why he couldn't. I was thrilled, so naturally, I told him what a good job he did and thanked him for helping me out. This was his reply: "When a football player says 'hike' you do it, so when somebody asks you to do something, you do it." Hmmm, I wonder if Ben has been using football along with his parenting skills.
When Ben came home from work, I told him about it and he grinned. One day last week, Kai was being extra horrible and mean to his mommy so his dad had a little chat with him. This is one of the things he said to him and apparently it stuck. Praise the Lord for that! I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That is hillarious! But hey, whatever works, right? I'll have to tell Adam about it!!

nowellmama said...

hey its nakeysha, just wanted to say hi. saw allysa, and kristens webs. wow gotta grow up when seeing everyone with kids huh. glad all is well. keep in touch
lyl