Just to let everyone know, (and to give myself a little pat on the back) Leigha had to retake her spelling test last week, and with my help made a 100% as opposed to 23%. And this week she made a 92%! I am so excited and proud of her. You can see in her face how pleased she is to know she is doing well. Amazing what a little encouragement and attention will do for a child.
I was also asked this week by Kai's K-4 teacher to be their room mom. I was a room mom last year and absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it. It's such a fun and easy way to get involved and the kids you get to know will more than likely be your kid's friends when they get older, so better to meet the parents now. (I'm ALWAYS thinking ahead.) :) I am so blessed to be able to have the time to do it. So, part of a room mom's duty is to plan all of the parties, which is right up my alley. I am so excited about the upcoming Halloween party, I can hardly stand it. I have come across a super easy caramel apple recipe and a chocolate spider candy one as well, which I will post shortly, that I plan on making for the party. And a trip to Party City is very much anticipated. Oh, the life of a stay-at-home mom!
Halloween is coming fast and I can't wait to get some pictures on here. Kai has had his costume for a couple of weeks now and dresses up every chance he gets. He LOVES Star Wars and has decided to be Darth Vader this year. Next year, it's Boba Fett, year after that, Jango Fett. He also has his birthday cakes planned for the next three years! Leigha is going to be a Clemson cheerleader. She is crazy about those tigers and gets caught up in the stupid South Carolina-Clemson rivalry. Imagine her reaction when I told her I liked the Gamecocks.
So, anyway, I promise lots of pictures soon. There will be plenty of opportunity with the candy making, fall carnivals, costume wearing and parties going on. I love this season!
1 comment:
Mmmm...the truffles look tasty. Awesome job with Leigha--that is such good news. And I am very intersted in the room mom stuff...gotta prepare for the future I guess. I'd love to see pics of the party, and of course the costumes!!
Post a Comment