Subject: Wonderful Qualities. List every member who lives in your home. Include 5 wonderful qualities each member holds.
The Catch: You must include yourself.
Why: It's easy to just go about each day and forget to be grateful.
Stephanie: ( I'll just go ahead and get it out of the way)
1. I love for things to be clean! It's pretty hard to do with even just one kid in the house, but my momma taught me well. Throw in my dad's contribution of a little bit of OCD and you've got one clean house.
2. Pretty darn smart. I hate saying it because people sometimes think I am trying to make them feel stupid, but I love to learn new things. I can't help that my brain can contain it all.
3. Nostalgic. I love traditions and had an awesome childhood. Because of that, I try my hardest to make sure Kai has an even better one.
4. Organized chaos. I make tons of lists on whatever's handy and then stick them all in my desk drawer. If I need the list, I know exactly which one I am looking for. Don't ask me how I do it, however, I'm not sure. But I understand it is mighty impressive.
5. Serious. I wasn't sure if this was a good quality to have at first. Of course I can be silly, I have a 4 year old, it's quite easy. But being serious about things is a good match for my hubby who tends to be serious not so much.
Ben:
1.Loves me unconditionally. It amazes me. I'm still not sure I know how to do that. He never leaves the house without letting me know.
2.Fun! He is always on the go and looking for something fun to do. He's been that way since I can remember. He is a very good dad because of it. I can tell we will have so much fun when he retires!
3.Works hard. He hates his shift but he goes night after night on 3rd so that we can live comfortably (and then some). Thank goodness he goes to a different shift in January so that he can actually be home at night and awake during the day.
4.He married me. Why is this such a good quality you ask? I met Ben in high school and he always said he would never get married. Even after high school, when we started dating, he made it very clear he wouldn't get married. He didn't think he would be good at it and wasn't sure he would find a girl who he could grow old with. We broke up after a while and he found me again after a year. (I moved to Mississippi and he didn't know how to get in touch with me.) So, while this sounds like an "I am so awesome, I changed him" quality about myself, it really is all about him and how he was able to assure me he would love me until I grew old.
5.He has no prejudices. This really is his best quality. He loves people, from all different walks of life and has many good friends. He makes a friend everywhere he goes and will have a thirty minute conversation in the middle of Wal-mart with a complete stranger. He reminds me of my dad in that way.
Kai:
1. Spongy. He soaks up everything he learns and quickly. I am sure he will do well in school and won't have to struggle. I want to give him every opportunity to be something great.
2.Happy. He laughs most of the time. He sings all the time. He gets excited over the smallest things.
3.Encourages me to be a kid. He loves to play, do puzzles, and watch cartoons with me. I need a good episode of Spongebob every now and then!
4.Good friend. He loves his preschool friends and made his first best friend at age 3. He and Alex are going to play football when they get bigger, he says.
5.Loves art. He loves to draw, paint, and color. Most kids do, but art is close to my heart. His imagination is so big and I love to see it on paper.
Leigha:
1. Quiet. Even as a baby, she was never fussy. She will talk your ear off if she gets started, but most of the time she likes to be quiet.
2. Determined. She is so determined to do well at everything she does, even the things she doesn't like, if she knows it will make someone proud of her.
3. A Singer. She is a really good singer and wants to be Hannah Montana.
4. A Shopper. That little girl can shop! I don't remember wanting to go shopping when I was 8. She loves fashion and accessories.
5. Loves her daddy. When Leigha first started coming to our house, she was two. She was really afraid of men and it took her a really long time to warm up to Ben. Nowadays, if you ever want to know where to find her, just find Ben, and she will be following him around, or cuddled up with him on the couch.
1 comment:
I love that story about how you and Ben got together...I didn't know any of that and it is really sweet.
Post a Comment